Picture any war movie you have seen and more likely then not you will see a Jeep bouncing along in it, well Jeep is paying homage to it’s Arny Heritage with a Special Edition Wrangler Freedom that it released details of today. Available in both 2 and 4 door models and powered by the 3.6L Pentstar V6 engine developing 209kW of power and 347nM of torque. Check out the Full details below.
Jeep Salutes Army Heritage with Special Edition Wrangler
- Wrangler Freedom features military vehicle styling
- Includes interior and exterior enhancements
- Available in two and four-door variants
- Priced from $35,000*
Jeep has released a special edition Wrangler that evokes the brand’s army vehicle manufacturing legacy.
Wrangler Freedom is an enhancement of the Sport 3.6-litre V6 model, incorporating special styling cues and upgrades to both the interior and exterior.
It is available in two-door and four-door Unlimited variants, both of which offer Jeep’s legendary off-road ability.
A large ‘Freedom Star’ decal − purposefully weathered to make it appear like those on the original Jeep army vehicles − appears on both Wrangler Freedom’s bonnet and rear flank.
The five-pointed star is symbolic of vehicles assigned to tactical units in the US armed forces.
It has a specific colour to match the chosen hue from Freedom exterior paint range, which includes: Flame Red, Bright White, Hydro Blue Pearl, Black, Bright Silver Metallic and Dune.
The star also features as an embroidered logo on both front seats, greeting occupants as they enter the vehicle.
2014 Wrangler Freedom’s other exterior enhancements over and above the Sport model include:
- ‘Oscar Mike’ badging (Oscar Mike means “On Mission” or “On the Move”. “O” stands for Oscar and “M” for Mike in military code)
- Mineral Grey painted grille
- Wrangler Rubicon Rock Rails
- Mopar black fuel flap
- Body coloured wheel arch flares
Interior upgrades include the following:
- Front and rear seat upholstery in combination black McKinley leather, vinyl and fabric with Freedom Star embroidered on driver and passenger seats
- Centre console finished in black upholstery with silver accent stitching
- Silver accented seat, steering wheel and floor console stitching
- Quick silver finish air vent rings
- Front door armrest finished in McKinley vinyl upholstery with silver accent stitching
- Mopar black slush floor mats
- Steering wheel finished in black leather with silver accent stitching
- Quick silver painted door grab handles (front and rear)
Wrangler Freedom is powered by the iconic all-alloy Pentastar 3.6-litre V6 engine, which produces 209kW of power and 347Nm of torque while consuming just 11.4-litres per 100km in the combined cycle for the two-door variant.
US-based automotive online resource Wards Auto named the Pentastar 3.6-litre V6 one of its top 10 best engines for three successive years.
Wrangler Freedom is available with either a six-speed manual or five-speed automatic transmission in both two and four door models, catering to all driving styles and preferences.
Jeep’s Command-Trac® system enhances Wrangler Freedom’s superior off-road performance, delivering equal power to all wheels for maximum traction.
It also has 223mm of ground clearance, 35-degree approach angle and 22-degree breakover angle for negotiating the toughest terrain.
Fiat Chrysler Group CEO and President Veronica Johns said Wrangler Freedom brought unique styling to the already rugged, purposeful Wrangler range.
“Australian buyers proved last year that they love Jeep Wrangler and we are pleased to offer them a new special edition model that provides a strong visual connection with Jeep’s rich heritage,” Ms Johns said.
Jeep Wrangler Freedom will be available in Australian showrooms from early February.
2014 Jeep Wrangler Freedom range pricing
|Wrangler Freedom two-door||Six-speed manual||$35,000|
|Wrangler Freedom two-door||Five-speed auto||$37,000|
|Wrangler Freedom four-door||Six-speed manual||$39,000|
|Wrangler Freedom four-door||Five-speed auto||$41,000|
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport range pricing
Sport (two door)
|3.6-litre V6||Six-speed manual||$32,500|
|3.6-litre V6||Five-speed auto||$34,500|
|2.8-litre CRD diesel||Six-speed manual||$38,500|
|2.8-litre CRD diesel||Five-speed auto||$39,500|
Sport Unlimited (four-door)
|3.6-litre V6||Six-speed manual||$36,500|
|3.6-litre V6||Five-speed auto||$38,500|
|2.8-litre CRD diesel||Six-speed manual||$42,500|
|2.8-litre CRD diesel||Five-speed auto||$43,500|
*Base vehicle price includes GST but excludes all on-road costs and dealer delivery.