Finally the day has arrived and Holden has released the brand new VF Commodore, I’ve been waiting since last year for this day so you can imagine how excited I am to finally get some proper info on the VF, hopefully next month i get the keys to one.
I though I’d take a closer look at each model starting with the base model of the VF range the Commodore Evoke which replaces the Omega from the previous model.
But when I say base model I mean that only in respect that’s it’s lowest price Commodore in the VF range, because really Holden have thrown out the rule book with the Evoke normally the base model of the range really meant basic model with bugger all features and options.
But the Evoke is now more and entry level model instead of a base model because not only is the Evoke chock full of new features and technology but Holden have reduced the Recommended Retail Price (RRP) to just $34,990 which is a massive $5000 saving on the previous model Omega.
The Evoke now features a host of new technology that used to be reserved for models higher up in the food chain and some that are a first for an Australian made car such as Auto Park Assist, Front and Rear parking sensors, reverse camera, Hill Hold Control and Hill Start Assist, Trailer Sway Control, Remote vehicle start (automatic transmission only) & ISOFIX child seat anchorage system.
Evoke sedan and Sportwagon highlights:
3.0L SIDI V6 engine
- 6 airbags
- ECS, ABS & TCS
- 16” alloy wheels (4)
- Dual-zone climate control
- Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- Auto Park Assist
- Rear view camera
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Automatic release electric park brake
- Hill Hold Control and Hill Start Assist
- Trailer Sway Control
- ISOFIX child seat anchorage system
- Remote vehicle start (automatic transmission only)
- Enhanced multi-function display (one colour) with:
o Vehicle information menu
o Trip information menu
o Fuel economy menu
- Holden MyLink Infotainment System with 8” high-resolution colour touch-screen display
- Embedded Apps including Pandora® and Stitcher SmartRadio™
- Single CD player with MP3 capability
- Full iPod® intergration including Siri Eyes Free* and touch screen access for playlists, artist, albums, songs and genres
- Enhanced voice recognition: phone calls, radio, navigation, smartphone/iPod®/MP3 or USB audio control
- Bluetooth® audio streaming and auxiliary input jack
Under the bonnet the VF Evoke is powered by the same 3.0L V6 rated at 185kw and 290nm of torque as the previous model but big difference with the VF Evoke over the previous model is the fact that Holden has managed to improve the fuel economy of the 3.0L V6 by 6.7% to just 8.3L per 100km’s which makes the Evoke as frugal as some smaller 4cyl powered cars.
Holden has certainly thrown everything they could could at the VF range which is huge bonus for people looking for a new car.
Thank you to Holden for providing the info and the pics check out the full VF range at Holdens website http://www.Holden.com.au