Let first start by saying this is my 200th post so thank you for your continued support also I couldn’t think of a better car to bring up number 200 on.
Now if you have read my my review of the Alfa MiTo (which can be found here if you haven’t) you will know that I am a bit of a fan of the MiTo, well it seems Alfa have decided to turn the wick up a little bit with the introduction of the upgrades for the 2014 MiTo QV.
The Quadrifoglio or four leaf clover badge started appearing on Alfa Romeo cars in the 1920’s as a good luck charm the four leafed clover on a white square background, and thus became the badge of racing Alfa’s. These days a green cloverleaf or Quadrifoglio on a white ground Quadrifoglio Verde means its the top end performance model.
The Alfa Romeo MiTo QV is no exception to the rule with Alfa’s exceptional 1.4L MultAir turbo engine under the bonnet punching out 125kw and 250nm, Alfa’s Active suspension, 18 inch titanium alloys, Brembo brakes the MiTo QV promises to be quite an exciting drive.
Rather then listen to my Alfa Romeo drool fest continue and believe me I could keep going on and on about this car check the details below from Fiat Alfa Romeo.
The legend lives on: Introducing the Alfa Romeo MiTo QV
- Alfa Romeo MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde: enhanced styling features and a revised interior with Uconnect five-inch touchscreen multimedia system with Bluetooth, text-message reader and audio streaming as standard
- Punchy 1.4-litre MultiAir Turbo engine that generates 125kW and 250Nm, paired exclusively with slick six-speed manual transmission
- Powerful efficiency: 0-100km/h in just 7.5secs and on to a 219km/h top speed. All while sipping just 6.0-litres per hundred kilometres
- Alfa Active Suspension continuously adapts to road conditions, ensuring a dynamic drive
- Stunning style: 18-inch Titanium Quadrifoglio Verde alloy wheels, Brembo brakes with red calipers, twin chrome-plated exhaust pipe, Titanio Grey frames on headlights, taillights and exterior mirrors
The new high-performance Alfa Romeo MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde – a true Italian hot hatch – has arrived with significant technical and style upgrades for 2014.
The new MiTo QV offers enhanced Italian style and technology to match its performance, efficiency, specification and, of course, driving satisfaction.
The MiTo QV’s exterior is distinguished by the burnished finish on the headlight surrounds, front grille, door mirrors; door handles and tail-light surrounds, as well as its rear spoiler, sports rear bumper, twin chrome exhaust pipes, 18-inch alloy wheels, red Brembo® brake callipers and the unmistakable Quadrifoglio Verde emblem on the front wings.
The interior also reflects the dynamic spirit of the MiTo QV, as highlighted by the new flat-bottomed sports steering wheel, trimmed in leather with contrasting white stitching. Black leather with white stitching also trims the handbrake lever and the gear lever while the Competizione ‘carbon look’ dashboard, special floor mats and aluminium kick plate (with Quadrifoglio Verde logos) add to the special feel of the interior. The sports seats – height adjustable on the driver’s side and with lumbar adjustment for both front occupants – are trimmed in specific Quadrifoglio Verde fabric and finished with white-and-green stitching to complete the revised look.
As with all Alfa Romeo cars, the power-plant is the heart of the machine and under the bonnet of the new Alfa Romeo MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde beats the advanced 1.4-litre MultiAir Turbo engine, which develops a maximum power output of 125kW at 5,500 rpm and maximum torque of 250Nm at 2,500 rpm (in Dynamic mode).
Performance is as spirited as ever, with a 0-100km/h sprint in just 7.5 seconds.
In terms of equipment, the new Alfa Romeo MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde again offers exceptional levels of specification including Alfa Romeo’s Uconnect five-inch touchscreen multimedia system as standard, with Bluetooth connectivity, Text Reader, Audio Streaming, Voice Controls, MP3, USB and Aux-In.
Priced at just $30,500 (MSRP), the Alfa Romeo MiTo QV is in dealers now.
ALFA ROMEO MITO QV FEATURES
- Six-speed manual transmission
- Four-piston Brembo® brake callipers finished in red
- Alfa Active Suspension
- 18″ exclusive Quadrifoglio Verde alloy wheels
- Sports rear bumper with twin chrome tailpipes
- Front fog lights with dark surrounds
- Burnished trim on grille, handles, mirrors, front and rear light surrounds
- New Flat-bottom sports steering wheel
- Leather brake lever and gear lever boot with white and green stitching
- Instrument panel with white graphics and Quadrifoglio Verde logo
- “Competizione” Carbon-look dashboard
- Aluminium Quadrifoglio Verde kick plates
- Fabric seats with Alfa Romeo logo and white-green stitching
- UconnectTM five-inch touch-screen multimedia system with Bluetooth, Text Reader, Audio Streaming, Voice Controls, MP3, USB and Aux-In
- Specific Quadrifoglio Verde mats
ALFA ROMEO MITO QV DRIVE SYSTEMS
Alfa Active Suspension
Electronic shock absorber control system that actively and continuously changes the chassis response depending on road conditions and the driver’s needs. It interfaces with Alfa D.N.A. and the other on-board electronic devices.
The Alfa MiTo was the first Alfa Romeo car to be equipped with the Alfa D.N.A. system, an innovative device that adapts the car’s personality to the needs of the driver and road conditions.
Derived from racing experience, the Alfa D.N.A. system acts on the engine, brakes, steering, suspension and gearbox, allowing three different vehicle behaviour modes, depending on the most suitable driving style for the road conditions or the desires of the driver: super-sporty mode, Dynamic; urban mode, Natural; and maximum safety even in low grip conditions, All-weather mode.
In the Dynamic racing driving mode the electronic traction control systems are activated more discreetly, the engine and brakes are more reactive and quicker to respond and the steering is more direct and sporty.
Shift the selector to the Natural urban driving mode and the calibration is more neutral, with optimised consumption.
When poor grip conditions make the road more demanding, all you have to do is activate the All-weather setting, designed to anticipate the intervention of all of the electronic safety devices.
ALFA ROMEO MITO QV SPECIFICATION
- Powered by 1.4-litre (1386cc) MultiAir Turbo engine
- Generates 125kW and up to 250Nm (Dynamic mode)
- 0-100km/h acceleration time of 7.5 seconds. Max: 219km/h
- Kerb weight: 1145kg
- Fuel consumption: 6.0-litres per hundred kilometres, 139g/km CO2
- Enhanced styling features include a burnished finish on exterior elements and the 18-inch alloy wheels, plus a rear spoiler, sports rear bumper and twin exhaust pipes
- Revised interior includes new flat-bottom sports steering wheel and new Uconnect five-inch touchscreen multimedia system
Massive thank you to Fiat Afla Romeo for the info and pics, dont forget to visit their webs site www.alfaromeo.com.au