Holden have now released the Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore featuring a whole bunch of added extra’s over the regular SS V Commodore including special badges, stripes, an embroidered dash pad featuring Craig Lowndes autograph and numbered build plate these cars are going to be collectors item for sure and has me hoping to win lotto this week so I can get one.
Check out all the details below from Holden.
- Holden creates Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore model in honour of an Australian motor sport legend
- Performance enhancements include front and rear 4-piston Brembo brakes, 20in wheels with high-performance Bridgestone tyres and upgraded suspension bushes
- Every car hand finished at the Holden Enhancement Centre at the Holden vehicle plant in Adelaide
- Customers to receive exclusive ‘money can’t buy’ V8 Supercar experiences
In a tribute to 20 years of Craig Lowndes thrilling fans and winning races, Holden has teamed up with the Australian motorsport and V8 Supercars icon to produce a Special Edition Commodore that fans across the country will love.
Peter Keley, Holden’s Director of Sales, said the company was incredibly proud to work with Craig to produce this very special Commodore.
“After 20 years of Craig Lowndes breaking records and claiming victories – and with so many of those moments coming behind the wheel of a Commodore – it’s only fitting that Holden honours that relationship with the Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore,” said Mr Keley.
“This race-inspired Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore has been created by our talented Holden engineers and designers with Craig’s input and approval. It is a rolling testament to a man whose success and character has cemented his name into Australian Motorsport history”.
The top-of-the-range MY15 SS V Redline is the starting point for Holden’s designers and engineers to work their magic with a number of unique performance and visual enhancements for the Craig Lowndes Special Edition.
As fitting for a motorsport-inspired model, the Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore has the racetrack as the inspiration for many of its upgrades. Four-piston Brembo brakes fitted front and rear mean outstanding resistance to fade during track sessions, the paddle-shifters on the automatic transmission add to the car’s track-focussed nature and the upgraded suspension bushes enhance handling at the limit.
New 20-inch black alloy wheels give the car an unmistakeable presence and aggressive stance.
Available in Red Hot or Heron White, the Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore also features unique body side decals, hood decal and chrome finished boot badge. Black grille and fender vents, a black roof and black window surrounds combine to produce a motorsport aesthetic.
Interior enhancements include a distinctive embroidered ‘Craig Lowndes’ signature on the dash pad. The introduction of paddle shifters (automatic transmission only), allows drivers to utilise the ‘Active Select’ gear change feature without removing their hands from the wheel.
In addition to receiving their exclusive, individually numbered Craig Lowndes Special Edition car, buyers will also be offered a package of exciting, ‘money can’t buy’ experiences including:
- Framed certificate of authenticity with build plate
- Red Bull Racing private function and tour hosted by Craig Lowndes
- Two General Admission tickets to customers’ local 2015 V8 Supercar race and Red Bull Racing pit tour
Craig Lowndes said that after a 20 year career it was a huge honour to have Holden develop this fantastic tribute model.
“I’ve had a lot of success on the racetrack behind the wheel of Commodores and to celebrate that with this special road-going version is a great privilege. I know fans and customers all Australia are going to love it,” said Lowndes.
“This Special Edition Commodore is the pinnacle of Holden performance and to have my name on it is a true honour. With Brembo brakes front and rear, 20-inch wheels, paddle-shifters and the unique styling treatments, this car is simply outstanding to drive and look at. I love it.”
Just 233 of these exclusive and highly collectable Lowndes Commodores will be built with more than 50 percent already spoken for by customers. Holden dealers are taking orders with first customer deliveries expected at the end of October.
Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore Unique Features:
- 20-inch staggered wheels and tyres: 8.5in front and 9in rear
- 245/275 20in Bridgestone Potenza tyres
- Front and Rear 4-piston Brembo brakes
- Tyre pressure monitoring system (TPM)
- Red Hot Engine cover
- Black V8 power hood decal
- Black roof
- Black grille surrounds and fender vents – front upper in Red (Black on white vehicles)
- Black DRL surrounds
- Black window surrounds
- Unique body side decals
- Rear wing spoiler in black
- Graphic sill plates
- Carpet floor mats
- Craig Lowndes embroidered ‘dash pad’
- Unique Boot badge
- Individually numbered build plate
SS V Redline Highlights:
- NEW Paddle-shifters (automatic transmission only)
- NEW Gloss Black Rear Valance
- NEW Black Roof (available on Red Hot, Jungle Green, Heron White only in 2015)
- 6.0-litre V8 engine
- 6-speed manual transmission or optional 6-speed automatic transmission with Active Select
- Launch Control
- Competitive Mode (stability control calibration)
- Colour Head-Up Display
- Holden MyLink infotainment System with 8” colour touch-screen display
- Automatic Park Assist
- Rear view camera
- Lane Change Assist
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Forward Collision Alert
- Rear parking sensors
- ISOFIX child seat anchorage system
- Embedded apps including Pandora®, Stitcher SmartRadio™
- Siri® Eyes Free Mode
- Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore Manual $57,990 RRP
- Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore Automatic $60,190 RRP
About Craig Lowndes:
In September 1994, Craig Lowndes made his first appearance for Holden in a V8 Supercar at Sandown, aged just 20. One month later, the rookie race driver became a household name when he and teammate Brad Jones finished second in Australia’s great race, the Bathurst 1000.
Lowndes was awarded a full-time drive with the factory Holden Racing Team in 1996 and was mentored by Holden legend Peter Brock. Lowndes went on to claim the prestigious Triple Crown in his rookie season: the Australian Touring Car Championship, the Sandown 500 and Bathurst 1000.
One of the nation’s most popular and recognized sporting heroes, Craig Lowndes is also one of the most successful drivers in Australian motor sport history.
Over a brilliant 20 year career, the ever-smiling Lowndes has compiled a list of unsurpassed achievements including:
- Three-time V8 Supercar champion: 1996, 1998 and 1999
- Won 1996 championship in rookie year; youngest-ever series champion at age 22
- Second in championship in 2005, 2006, 2011, 2012 and 2013, third in 2000 and 2007
- A record 97 V8 Supercar / ATCC race wins
- 31 V8 Supercar pole positions
- Five -time Bathurst 1000 winner: 1996, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2010
- Bathurst 12 Hour winner: 2014
Lowndes has won more championships races than any other driver at the sport’s highest level, and is also the recipient of a record four Barry Sheene Medals, the sport’s best and fairest award.
Lowndes was also recognised in 2012 with an OAM for services to both the community through his road safety work and to his sport.