Hyundai have taken the wraps off their brand new Sonata, the Sonata is Hyundai’s longest serving name plate and I am a little excited to see the 7th generation model arrive in Australia, having a few Hyundai’s booked to review in a few weeks time I am very keen indeed to get behind the wheel of the Sonata.
Hyundai seem to have thrown everthing at the new Sonata and it arrives in 3 different models with different engine choices ( depending on what model you want) a 2.4L 138kW 241Nm naturally aspirated 4cyl and a 2.0L turbo GDi 4cyl pushing out 180Kw 350Nm both come mated to a 6 speed auto with sports shift.
All models come with an impressive list of standard features including 6 airbags, Electronic Stability Control, Traction Control System (TCS), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Hill-start Assist Control (HAC), Automatic dusk sensing headlamps, LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRL), Rear view camera and Rear parking sensors to name just a few.
Prices will start at $29,990 for the Active model with 2.4L engine and go all the way up to $41,990 for the top of the range Premium model.
Check out the full details below, thank you to Hyundai Australia for the info and pics.
Stylish, sophisticated and intelligent all-new Sonata arrives in Australia
- Australia’s longest-serving Hyundai nameplate is back and better than ever
- Award-winning and aerodynamic new looks
- Large-car cabin and boot space in a medium-size car
- Advanced 138kW/241Nm 2.4-litre naturally aspirated and 180kW/350Nm 2.0-litre turbo GDi petrol engines
- Locally tuned suspension and steering for Australian roads and drivers
- Genesis-inspired intuitive technology and convenience features
- Comprehensive Active and Passive safety systems
- Benchmark equipment and features across three-tier range
- All-new Sonata range pricing from MLP $29,990 to $41,990
30 January 2015 – Borrowing much of its style, sophistication and technology from the groundbreaking Genesis, Hyundai’s all-new Sonata has arrived in Australia.
The seventh-generation of Hyundai’s longest-serving nameplate in Australia, the all-new model is easily the best-built, most technologically-advanced and driveable Sonata yet.
Together with its ultra-sophisticated Genesis stablemate, all-new Sonata already has claimed a prestigious GOOD DESIGN™ Award, the world’s premier award for innovative and cutting-edge industrial, product and graphic design.
Like Genesis, a product of Hyundai’s Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design philosophy, the all-new Sonata’s flowing and stylish new lines contribute to its sports-car-like 0.27Cd aerodynamics.
Inside, all-new Sonata offers large-car cabin and boot space together with benchmark new equipment levels and advanced intuitive features.
Available in three equipment levels – Active, Elite and Premium – all-new Sonata is powered by 138kW 2.4-litre naturally aspirated (Active) and 180kW 2.0-litre turbo (Elite and Premium) Theta II four-cylinder petrol GDi engines.
Both engines are matched to Hyundai’s advanced six-speed SHIFTRONIC® automatic with lock-up torque converter and sequential manual shift mode.
As part of Hyundai Motor Company Australia’s exhaustive localisation program, all-new Sonata’s already impressive dynamics have been optimised for Australian driving conditions and Australian drivers by Hyundai’s acclaimed local suspension development team.
New front and heavily revised multi-link rear suspension – both augmented by locally re-specified damper, spring and sway bar combinations — integrate with dual-mode 32-bit motor driven power steering to deliver impressive stability and driveability.
All-new Sonata’s stiffer, lighter body structure uses advanced high-strength steel for more than 50 percent of total platform construction, resulting in 41 percent stiffer torsional rigidity.
Passive and active safety features include six airbags and Hyundai’s comprehensive Vehicle Stability Management System across the three-tier range.
ll-new Sonata recommended retail prices are as follows:
|2.4 GDi Petrol||6 Speed Automatic||
|2.0 Turbo GDi Petrol||6 Speed Automatic||
* All prices are Manufacturer’s List Price. Price excludes dealer delivery and on road costs.
The all-new Sonata equipment levels in Australia are as follows:
- 2.4-litre GDi engine – 138kW & 241Nm
- 6 airbags (driver & front passenger, driver & front passenger side (thorax), full length curtains)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) including:
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist System (BAS)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
- Automatic dusk sensing headlamps
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRL)
- Rear view camera
- Rear parking assist system (4 sensors)
- 17” alloy wheels with 215/55R17 tyres
- Keyless entry with burglar alarm
- 4.3” touchscreen audio system with CD player, MP3 capability & 6 speakers
- AUX / USB audio input with digital iPod® compatibility
- Bluetooth connectivity (hands free phone & audio streaming)
- Steering wheel mounted audio and phone controls
- Cruise control with steering wheel mounted controls
- Front & rear power windows
- Height adjustable driver’s & front passenger’s seats
- One touch turn signal operation (3, 5, or 7 flashes)
- One touch window up/down on driver’s window
- Rear seat centre-fold down armrest
- Tilt & telescopic steering column
- Trip computer
- Metallic painted centre fascia panels, textured dashboard / door inserts, and interior door handles
- Cloth interior
- Premium steering wheel & gear knob
- Premium door centre trim
- LED high mount stop lamp
- LED side repeater integrated into side mirrors
- LED front positioning lamps
- 3.5” OLED display in dash cluster
- Ambient lighting for front centre console
- 60:40 split folding rear seats
- Manual air conditioning with rear centre console cooling ducts
SONATA ELITE (in addition to Active equipment)
- 2.0-litre Turbo GDi engine – 180kW & 350Nm (+42kW & 109Nm)
- Electric folding external mirrors
- Electrically adjusted driver’s seat (12 way incl. lumbar)
- 8” touchscreen satellite navigation with 3 yrs. HERE MapCare™
- Proximity smart key with push button start
- Smart boot lid (hands-free boot opening)
- Leather appointed* seats
- Alloy look interior door handles & chrome exterior door handles
- Carbon fibre effect dashboard/door inserts
- Stainless steel door scuff plates
- LED tail lamps with bulb turn signal & reverse lights
- Dual zone climate control air conditioning
SONATA PREMIUM (in addition to Active and Elite equipment)
- 18” alloy wheels with 235/45R18 tyres
- Front parking assist system (4 sensors)
- High Intensity Discharge (HID) Bi-Xenon headlamps with washer system, auto-levelling, and static bending lamps
- Automatic windscreen defog function
- Electro-chromatic auto dimming interior mirror (ECM)
- Electrically adjusted front passenger’s seat (8 way)
- Electronic Park-Brake (EPB) with Auto Hold function
- Heated external mirrors
- Heated & air ventilated front seats
- Integrated Memory System (IMS) on driver’s seat & ext. mirrors
- One-touch window up/down function on front windows
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Rain sensing wipers
- Rear door curtains (sunblinds)
- 4.2” TFT LCD colour display in Supervision cluster