For those of you that have never heard of SEMA or know what it is SEMA is the premier automotive specialty trde show in the world and is annually held in Las Vegas.
If you are part of the automotive after market trade then it’s the show to attend, every year companies put their own special spin on cars for the show to show off new products they have developed, the quality of work their shop can produce and in bid to win some very prestigious awards to win an award at SEMA is something lots of companies dream about.
Hyundai seems to be a big flavour this year with 3 companies releasing images of the SEMA build vehicles based on Hyundai vehicles, first one comes from after market off raod specialist Rockstar Performance Garage which has taken the Hyundai Tucson which was recently released on our market to new level and makes it look damn good as check out all the details below.
I can’t wait to see pics of the finished car once it’s released at SEMA in November from the image I’d give Rockstar my big tick of approval.
Thanks to Hyundai Australia for the info and pics.
Rockstar Performance Garage turns Tucson into a true off-roader
12 October 2015 – Rockstar Performance Garage (RPG), the off-road specialists, have revealed details on its 2016 Tucson SEMA build. This is the first year that Hyundai has teamed up with the off-road gurus at RPG, injecting off-road lifeblood into Hyundai’s popular SUV. The car will be revealed at Hyundai’s SEMA press conference on 3rd November.
The bumper-to-bumper overhaul started with the most important piece of any serious off-roader: the suspension. The Tucson now sits six inches over stock height, riding on massive, 32-inch MTZ P3 tires from Mickey Thompson, and a fully-custom, adjustable shocks and struts system from King Shocks. The vehicle’s wheel wells were reconstructed to create space for the new setup, now able to fit the massive suspension and tire combination.
Upgraded turbo piping, a high-flow Magnaflow exhaust and a new K&N intake and intercooler from Mishimoto help the engine breathe more freely, providing a performance boost to the Hyundai’s 1.6-liter “Gamma” four-cylinder power plant. Power is delivered to all four wheels through a 6-speed DCT transmission.
“The focus behind this build was to create an off-roader that nobody expected,” said Nic Ashby, owner and general partner, Rockstar Performance Garage. “The Tucson was a great starting platform with its rigid frame and plenty of room in the engine bay for modifications. With the complete suspension overhaul and blacked-out appearance, this Tucson is guaranteed to be a head turner in line with the Rockstar lifestyle.”
Rounding out the exterior visuals, the RPG Tucson has been finished in a black and yellow livery, smoked rear tail lights, a custom LED light bar setup from Bulldog LED Lighting, and custom off road bumpers to help the vehicle shrug off impacts.
Follow #HyundaiSEMA to keep up to speed on all of this year’s SEMA activity.
- Mishimoto 2.5-in. Stainless Steel Down Pipe and Charge Pipe with Front Mount Intercooler
- Rockstar Energy-Licensed/Mishimoto Billet Oil Catch Can
- Mishimoto 19-Row Oil Cooler
- Turbonetics Godzilla Blow Off Valve
- K&N Filters Custom Air Intake
- Custom Magnaflow Centre Exhaust
- Odyssey Dry Cell Battery
- Lucas Oil Fluids
- Heatshield Products Lava Wrap
- King Shocks 2.5-in. Adjustable Strut Coilovers
- King Shocks Rear 2.5-in. Shocks with Remote Reservoirs and Progressive Off-Road Springs
- Black Ops 4×4 Body Clearancing for Larger Tires
- Mickey Thompson 32-in. MTZ P3 Tires
- KMC 17-in. XD Series “Bully” Off-Road Wheels
- RPG and Wicked Image Designs Custom Roof Rack
- RPG and Wicked Image Designs Custom Bumpers
- Bulldog LED Lighting 40-in. LED Light Bars
- Bulldog LED Lighting 2-in. LED Spikes
- sPOD Electronic Control Centre for Accessory Option
- Kicker Audio Sound System
- High Output Speakers
- 10-in. Subwoofer
- Scosche Integrated Stereo Install Kits
- Wiring and Accessories
- Tintman Window Tint