It’s no big secret that i am a massive fan of the Fiat 500 it hotter Abarth siblings well FCA have just announced a new model Abarth 595 will be joining the range.
The new Abarth 595 will give customers an entry into the Abarth range with prices starting at just $27,500.
I am a touch excited so instead of listening to me rabbit on about the 595 and how much I really love the Abarth range check out all the details below from FCA who I thank greatly for the info, pics and for introducing this new model Abarth.
Introducing The New Abarth 595: Thrilling Italian Hot Hatch Is The Most Accessible Abarth Ever
- New 103kW (140hp) Abarth 595 joins local line-up, marking new entry-point to Abarth range in Australia
- Offering the looks, performance and passion that is synonymous with the Abarth brand, the new 595 bridges the gap between the Fiat 500 and the rest of the Abarth range
- Track-tested, turbocharged 1.4-litre Turbo engine provides the Abarth 595 with 140hp (103kW) and 206Nm and is paired with a slick five-speed manual as standard
- Abarth-tuned hardware delivers world-class ride and track-ready durability with a lowered ride height, beefier suspension, larger brakes and wider tyres than its Fiat 500 sibling, as well as a Abarth sport exhaust
- With a focus on both performance and functionality, the new 595 offers ventilated discs with red calipers, 7-inch TFT display, air-con, fog lights, parking sensors and 16-inch alloys
- Cheap thrills: The Abarth 595 sips as little as 5.8L/100km (automatic)
- Abarth 595 offers maximum track handling with Torque Transfer Control (TTC) system
- Abarth 595 is available as hardtop or convertible, and is priced from just $27,500 (MSRP) as a hardtop and $31,500 (MSRP) as a convertible
Friday, May 6 – FCA Australia has today unveiled a new-look Abarth line-up, introducing the Abarth 595 which provides a first-for-Australia entry point to the Italian hot hatch range.
The Abarth brand has brought world-class performance, aggressive styling and high power-to-weight ratios to the small-car segment, with the “small but wicked” Abarth models providing one of the most engaging driving experiences in the industry, inspired by the racing traditions that made Abarth an icon on racetracks around the world. And now access to the Scorpion club is more accessible than ever before.
Now offered for the first time in Australia, the new 103kW (140hp) Abarth 595 offers the performance and passion that Abarth is renowned for, while bridging the gap between the Fiat 500 range and the other performance variants of the Abarth range.
Available as a hatchback or convertible and priced from just $27,500, or $31,500 for the convertivble, the new Abarth 595 completes what will be the most comprehensive Abarth line-up ever offered locally.
Powered by Abarth’s 1.4-litre Turbo engine, the new Abarth 595 generates 103kW and 206Nm and is offered with a slick five-speed manual as standard. The Abarth 595 will accelerate to 100km/h in just 7.9 seconds, and on to a top speed of 205km/h.
With a focus on performance and functionality, the Abarth 595 comes equipped with ventilated disc brakes with red calipers, air conditioning, a 7-inch TFT display, fog lights, reverse parking sensors, 16-inch alloys, Abarth side stripe and mirror cover, steel pedals, Abarth fabric seats and tinted windows.
Abarth 595 and Abarth 595 Cabrio feature innovative technologies
Maximum track handling with Torque Transfer Control (TTC) system
Helping the driver to utilise the power of the new 1.4-litre Turbo engine is an Abarth-tuned Torque Transfer Control (TTC) system. TTC is designed to control and transfer the engine’s torque to the drive wheels for world-class performance and improved at-the-limit handling.
The TTC system is a differential locking system that uses the mechanical differential as a reactive element in the transmission to control torque via the brake system and electronic stability program (ESP) sensors. Utilising ESP enables the Abarth 595 to transfer torque from a front wheel that slips, to one that grips.
Abarth-tuned Sport mode and Sport exhaust
The Abarth 595 and 595 Cabrio feature a Sport mode calibration for more engaging driving. When the driver selects Sport mode on the instrument panel, the Abarth-tuned PCM unleashes the full power of the 1.4-litre Turbo with linear throttle response and a more precise steering feel. The Sport mode also increases throttle response, gear changes (automatic) and adds weight to the steering.
When Sport mode is not engaged, the Abarth returns to Normal mode and limits the torque in first and second gears to enhance fuel efficiency and minimise CO2 emissions.
Abarth shift light with turbo-boost gauge
An additional benefit of the Abarth-tuned PCM is the turbo-boost gauge mounted left of the instrument cluster. Should the driver choose to switch to Sport model, an up-shift light integrated in the TFT cluster will alert the driver when engine speed is approaching the redline – giving the immediate feedback needed on the track or during high performance driving.
Brief Specification Overview
- 4 cylinders in line, 4 valves per cylinder, 1368cc
- Power output: 103kW at 5,500 rpm
- Peak torque in SPORT mode: 206Nm at 2,000 rpm
- ‘Drive-by-wire’ accelerator control
- Turboboost by IHI variable geometry turbo
- 5-speed gearbox
- Dual-cable external gearbox control
Suspension and steering
- MacPherson layout at front with anti-roll bar
- Torsion beam axle with anti-roll bar
- Ground-hugging sporty stance
- Electric power steering, with SPORT mode
- Front suspension: Adaptive with FSD (Frequency Selective Damping)
- Abarth sports exhaust
- Ventilated front brake discs, diameter 284 x 22 mm
- Floating CII 34 rear calliper, piston diameter 34 mm
- Solid rear brake discs, diameter 240 x 11 mm
- Alloy rim 6.5″ x 16″ – Tyres: 195/45 R16
- 7-inch TFT configurable instrument cluster
- Sport mode button
- Sports pedals
- Stainless steel sill plate
- Trip computer
- Turbo boost guage
- Wrapped instrument cluster cover
Safety & Security
- Daytime running lights
- Driver and passenger airbag
- ESP + ASR/MSR, HBA and Hill Holder
- 7 airbags airbag
- Rear parking sensors