As the SUV market grows in Australia Renault has announced details of it’s all new Koleos SUV which is due show rooms from August 1st.
The Koleos comes to market in 3 model variants Life, Zen and Intens with all models being powered by the same 2.5L 126kW 226Nm petrol engine backed by a CVT transmission and come in both 4×2 and 4×4.
Prices start at $29,990 for the 4×2 Life model up to $43,490 for the range topping 4×4 Intens model check out all the detail below thanks to Renault for the pics and info.
The All-New Renault Koleos: Out Of The Ordinary
The all-new Renault Koleos is an SUV to meet the demands of customers on every continent and will make its global sales debut on Australian shores from 1 August 2016.
“The all-new Koleos is an extremely important model for us,” said Renault Australia Managing Director, Mr. Justin Hocevar. “The new model is vastly different from anything we have offered in Australia.
“We are the first market to sell the all-new Koleos and performed local pre-series testing. Coupled with the vehicle’s outstanding specification levels and value for money, this demonstrates not only how important the Koleos is for Australia but also Renault’s global commitment to this market and our region.”
The all-new Koleos will be the flagship of Renault’s range in Australia and brings a number of new safety technologies, specifications and all-new styling.
Three variants will be available: Life, Zen and Intens. This brings Australian vehicles in-line with global nomenclature. All have a 2.5 litre engine delivering 126kW at 6000rpm and 226Nm of torque at 4400rpm, coupled with a re-engineered CVT (Xtronic) to provide smooth and dynamic driving.
Outside, the new Koleos has taut, powerful, muscular lines. It is instantly recognisable as a Renault flagship, echoing the styling cues of Renault’s prestige sedan, the Talisman.
Inside, the Koleos features a refined, comfortable interior and ambient cabin lighting that can be customised to suit the driver’s mood. The new R-LINK2 system has a seven inch touch screen in the Life and Zen models. In the Intens model, this is replaced by a portrait 8.7 inch screen, offering the same tactile functions as a tablet.
The all-new Koleos has an engaging and elevated driving position. This allows excellent visibility, while the wide centre console enhances the sensation of spacious comfort for both driver and front passenger. In the rear, the Koleos boasts class-leading cabin space, including 289mm of rear knee room.
Specifications for the all-new Koleos are detailed below.
- 2.5L petrol engine delivering 126kW @ 6000 rpm and 226Nm torque @ 4400 rpm and CVT
- 4X2 driven wheels
- Fuel consumption of 8.1 litres per 100km (combined cycle) and 188g CO2/km
- Maximum towing capacity of 2,000kg (braked)
- Tyre pressure monitor
- Hill Start Assist
- Automatic dual-zone climate control air conditioning
- Automatic dusk-sensing headlights
- Automatic windscreen wipers with rain sensor
- Front and rear fog lights (front with cornering function)
- LED taillights
- 17 inch alloys with a full sized temporary spare wheel
- Leather steering wheel
- Rear parking sensors
- Rear view camera
- RLINK2 Multimedia system with landscape 7 inch capacitive touch screen, AUX, 2 x USB and fingertip controls
- Shark fin antenna
- Cloth upholstery
The Zen variant adds:
- 4X2 or 4X4 driven wheels
- 4X4 fuel consumption of 8.3 litre per 100km (combined cycle) and 192g CO2/km
- Automatic electronic parking brake
- Electric adjustable driver’s seat
- Heated front seats
- Keyless entry with automatic walk-away door locking
- RLINK2 navigation and multimedia system with voice control and custom home screens
- Soft touch artificial leather upholstery
- Rear privacy glass
- 18 inch alloy wheels
- Optional electric panoramic sunroof
- Optional safety pack (Advanced Emergency Braking, Blind Sport Warning, Forward Collision Warning)
The Intens variant adds:
- 4X4 driven wheels
- Remote engine start
- Pure vision LED headlights
- Blind Spot Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Advanced Emergency Braking System (AEBS) – Interurban
- Forward Collision Warning
- Easy Park Assist (parking assistance system)
- Hands-free power tailgate
- RLINK2 with portrait 8.7 inch capacitive touchscreen
- Full grain leather upholstery with heated and ventilated front seats
- Interior ambient cabin lighting
- Bose audio system with 12 speakers, subwoofer and digital amplifier
- Electric panoramic sunroof
Manufacturer’s List Price for the all-new Renault Koleos
Manufacturer’s List Price *
|Metallic paint $600|
* Non-metallic paint only, excludes Dealer Delivery and statutory charges