Peugeot To Launch New Look 2008 SUV With New Tech and New Focus
- New-look and all-new drivetrain for Peugeot’s 2008 city SUV
- New standard technology underpins refreshed line-up
- 2008 SUV arrives late February 2017 ahead of significant model activity for marque
Peugeot will launch its new-look 2008 compact SUV with new technology, a new model line-up and an award winning drivetrain.
Visually the 2008 will feature an all-new frontal design that previews the future of all Peugeot SUVs with a multi-facetted grille featuring the Peugeot Lion at its centre.
Flanking the new grille are headlamps featuring a ‘feline look’ with an intensely high-tech chrome and black mask. The LED rear lamps feature new, warm-coloured lion claws with a profound 3D effect.
This style approach continues from the grille over the bonnet and onto the roof with roof bars and spoiler completing the striking profile.
The sharp lines and curves of the bodywork are enhanced by the new Ultimate Red (first seen on the 308 GTi by Peugeot Sport, and now available on 308 versions) colour. The range offers customers a choice of seven colours.
The new-look 2008 will also feature a revised model line-up with Active, Allure and GT-Line models available.
In Australia, the GT-Line model replaces the previous Outdoor model (previously manual diesel), while Active models will feature automatic transmission as standard (previously 5 speed manual), while Allure models remain.
On-board technology has been boosted to all variants (see base for model breakdown) with the fitment of reverse camera and mirror screen functionality (including Apple Carplay and MirrorLink) for the standard seven inch touchscreen.
Higher grades will feature Satellite Navigation, Active City Brake (autonomous braking technology) and Grip Control (a technology that provides for greater grip in low traction situations) as headline standard specification.
One of the most significant improvements in the facelifted 2008 range is the adoption of the turbocharged 1.2- litre PureTech e-THP three-cylinder engine to all variants, which develops 81kW and 205Nm of torque.
Paired exclusively to a new, six-speed, sequential automatic (co-developed with Aisin) transmission, the 2008’s 81kW turbocharged 1.2L PureTech e-THP engine is a shining example of technological innovation, and this engine development has resulted in 121 patents filed by the PSA Group.
This stringent focus on quality, reliability and durability, coupled with astounding performance, saw the 1.2-litre PureTech e-THP engine take out the coveted 2015, and 2016 International Engine of the Year award in its class, and finish in the Top 3 for the overall award.
This new drivetrain replaces all previous options making the entire range Euro-6 compliant, while the new Aisin six-speed, automatic replaces all four-speed automatic and five-speed manual options of the previous model.
General Manager of Peugeot Australia, Kai Bruesewitz said that the new-look 2008 brings with it a vehicle better aligned to local customers’ needs.
“The 2008 SUV was always highly regarded for its smart packaging and stylish looks; now with new technology, new line-up and an all-new powertrain, the 2008 becomes the complete package for Australian customers,” said Bruesewitz.
“We have already proven with our 208 and 308 model lines that Peugeot’s award winning PureTech, turbo-petrol 1.2L engines can compete with larger capacity drivetrains of other players in the market and there is no reason this segment shouldn’t benefits from Peugeot’s advanced drivetrain,
“We are very excited about the introduction of the new-look 2008 range as it signals a significant year for the Peugeot SUV stable with the all-new 3008 and 5008 following hot on the 2008’s heels,” said Bruesewitz.
The new look 2008 SUV range launches in Australia late February – for further information visit http://www.peugeot.com.au
NEW-LOOK AUSTRALIAN 2008 MODEL LINE-UP
- 7”Multi-function Colour Display Screen
- Trip Computer Function
- USB & Bluetooth Connectivity
- Arkamys Digital Sound Processing
- MirrorScreen Connectivity (inc MirrorLink & Apple Carplay)
- Tokyo Cloth Trim (Black)
- 16” Alloy Wheels with Space Saver spare wheel
- Single Zone Air Conditioning
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Reverse Camera
- Electric Door Mirrors with Folding function
- Front & Rear Fog Lights
- Programmable Cruise Control with Speed Limiter
- Leather Steering Wheel with Audio Controls
- Cooled Centre Console compartment
ALLURE (IN ADDITION TO ABOVE)
- Park Assist (Self Parking)
- Satellite Navigation
- Active City Brake
- 17” Eridan Alloy Wheel
- Grip Control
- Fog Light cornering function
- Automatic Wipers
- Automatic Headlamps
- Electro-chromatic Rear View mirror
- Rear Privacy Glass
- Dual Zone Air Conditioning
- ‘Oxford’ Premium TEP/Cloth Trim
GT-LINE (IN ADDITION TO ALLURE AND ACTIVE)
GT-line specific ‘Dynamic’ TEP/Mesh Cloth with Red Topstitch
- Red highlights to interior door handles, seat belts & handbrake
- Specific smooth leather steering wheel with red contrast stitching
- Redline theme for 7” Multi-function colour Display Screen
- Alloy door sills
- Alloy sports pedals
- Red LED instrument panel surround
- Perla Nera Black highlights for roof rails, rear door trim, and spoiler and mirror shells
- Specific rear bumper with chrome exhaust
- Gloss black grille surround incorporating red ‘PEUGEOT’ lettering