Pricing & Spec Make XV Ride High In SUV Pack
Subaru has revealed reduced entry-level pricing and added specification in its new generation XV All-Wheel Drive Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) ahead of first customer deliveries in mid-June.
Despite added features and enhanced efficiency, entry-level Model Year 2018 XV 2.0i will be priced at $27,990* Manufacturer’s List Price (MLP) – $1,250 less than the Lineartronic™ Continuously Variable Transmission superseded model.
While upper range variants add technology, they too offer savings, with 2.0i Premium priced at $32,140* – down $600 – and 2.0i-S $35,240, a $300 saving.
New XV also offers a 12,500 kilometre/12-month Capped Price Service program (CPS) –making the new generation a compelling package, following the hugely successful servicing trend set by new generation Impreza. This means servicing costs in the first three years of ownership drop from $2,125.76 to $1,298.19 – a 38.9% saving.
XV will launch with even more rough road credentials – and with 220 millimetres ride height will likely be a leader in its class.
Serious SUV kit includes X-Mode, enhancing driving performance on poor roads, through integrated control of engine, AWD, braking, and other functions on slippery surfaces. The hill descent control setting gives drivers greater peace-of-mind by maintaining low speeds on downhill slopes.
XV also adds Subaru’s award-winning EyeSight® Driver Assist system to mid and range-topping variants – which will increase Subaru’s market leadership with that type of technology.
EyeSight on XV includes the new Lane Keep Assist feature, which can correct a driver’s unwitting drift into an adjoining lane.
More than 70% of new Subarus sold in Australia will be EyeSight-equipped by year’s end.
And in line with Subaru’s ever increasing safety commitment, Reverse Automatic Braking is also added to the new XV ingredient list in the range-topping 2.0i-S, together with High Beam Assist.
XV will be available exclusively with a Lineartronic™ CVT.
It shares the all-new Subaru Global Platform that has already won acclaim in new generation Impreza.
The full range pricing* is:
|XV 2.0i||$27,990, -$1250|
|XV 2.0i-L||$30,340, +$100|
|XV 2.0i Premium||$32,140, -$600|
|XV 2.0i-S||$35,240, -$300|
Subaru Australia Managing Director, Colin Christie, said: “With almost 50,000 XVs sold since it launched in 2012, we have high hopes for this second generation, particularly given the addition of rough road kit like X-Mode.
“Extending EyeSight to the majority of Australian XVs will likely mean more than 70% of new Subarus sold locally this year will include the driver assist system – greater uptake of such technology than any other mainstream brand.
“We’ve had a fantastic response to the new generation Impreza extended service schedule, which was enabled by the efficiencies of the Subaru Global Platform, and we’re now delighted to extend this to new XV too, making it an even more compelling package.
“The Subaru Global Platform takes XV’s dynamic performance to the top of its class – ensuring sporty, fun, functional – and super safe – driving.
“Drawing on Subaru’s signature contemporary design themes, XV achieves greater interior space, plus a sporty exterior presence.
“XV’s use of the new Subaru Global Platform offers an enormous boost to the core values of safety and dynamic quality.
“With its newly developed suspension layout, it represents a formidable premium compact SUV package.
“Every aspect of XV is fine-tuned to provide drivers with a dynamic quality that leaves a memorable impression: straightforward, sporty on-road performance and genuine SUV ingredients for rough roads that, combined with excellent ride comfort, make the journey a relaxing one for all occupants.
“There are major enhancements to the interior and exterior design and it has the ability to attract a whole new set of younger customers, with a great combination of style, utility and versatility.
“New XV boasts build quality beyond its class.
“XV will only grow our already strong presence in the Compact SUV market.
“Just like new Impreza, new XV is a game changer – design, styling, safety, road dynamics, infotainment, quality, performance and innovation are stand-outs.
“Our opportunity with new XV is to attract new audiences, in particular, younger people (under 35s), especially females.
“With the new design and styling elements we have given ourselves every opportunity to broaden our audience. Additionally, our infotainment package is class-leading, buoyed by the availability of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity on even the base car.
“This will resonate with our younger buyers in particular.”
The XV design is based on the Subaru philosophy of “Dynamic x Solid.”
Subaru anticipates a high five star independent crashworthiness rating for occupant safety.
NEW GENERATION XV HIGHLIGHTS
Among the many highlights of new XV:
- All-new Subaru Global Platform, for outstanding dynamic performance and benchmark safety – delivers a new level of superior driving capability
- Subaru’s biggest advance in all-round performance
- Body and chassis rigidity are increased significantly
- Body vibrations reduced by 50 per cent
- Incredible linear response to driver input
- Significantly less body roll during cornering
- Advantages of a flexible production system on a truly global scale
- Bold and sophisticated exterior and interior design and packaging
- Newly developed 2.0-litre direct injection normally aspirated Boxer engine, with excellent fuel efficiency
- 115 Kilowatts of power at 6000 rpm and 196 Newtonmetres of torque at 4000 rpm
- Higher power output, up from 110 kW
- Sportier performance due to major weight savings throughout the drivetrain
- Higher compression ratio, better gas flow and high-flow EGR system
- Enhanced fuel efficiency
- New lightweight Lineartronic Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with wider gear range
- Auto Stepped Speed Control and seven-speed manual mode in all models
- Improved efficiency via new engine, transmission combo
- Auto Stop Start
- The timing for engine stop is faster, improving fuel efficiency
- New suspension layout
- Increased rigidity of installation points allows the system to absorb shocks sufficiently without flexing the body
- Enhanced aerodynamic performance
- Use of flush surface panels and streamlined body shape
- Wider cabin
- Greater foot well space, improved rear knee space
- Easier cargo area access
- Elaborate interior build quality and exquisite craftsmanship
- Intuitive cabin controls and technology
- Soft texture and sound-proofing applied to almost every part minimise noise
- Third generation head unit at the heart of the infotainment system
- Smartphone connectivity based on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto services
- Better voice recognition and a rich array of information, similar to the home or office
- Factory-fitted satellite navigation system in premium variants is powered by TomTom
- All-new air conditioning with massive choice of directional control – voice recognition control in premium grades
- Outstanding five-star occupant safety (anticipated)
- Third-generation EyeSight® driver assist system debuts in mid- and range-topping XV variants
- Vision Assist features on range-topping variant
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Lane Change Assist
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Reverse Automatic Braking – debut feature in Australia
- Hazard avoidance similar to that of high performance sports models
- Vehicle Dynamics Control with Active Torque Vectoring
- Collision energy absorption efficiency improved by 1.4-times
- New generation brake callipers and high friction material brake pads
- Electronic parking brake – new to XV
XV MY18 MODEL SPECIFICATIONS AT A GLANCE:
- ABS anti-lock brakes with four-wheel discs and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Active Torque Vectoring
- All-Wheel Drive
- Brake Assist
- Child seat anchor points on back of rear seat; ISOFIX outer rear seats
- Curtain airbags
- Driver’s knee airbag
- Dual front airbags
- Dual side airbags
- Front fog lights with integrated Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)
- Front seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters
- Front height adjustable seatbelt anchors
- Rear door child lock
- Rear view camera
- Ring-shaped reinforced passenger cabin
- Seatbelt indicator lights
- Side intrusion bars
- Three-point A/ELR rear seatbelt
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Vehicle Dynamics Control
- AM/FM tuner CD player, six speakers, Bluetooth and USB connectivity
- Apple CarPlay™ and Google Android Auto™ compatibility
- Automatic climate control air conditioning
- Bottle holders in all doors + two cup holders in centre console & rear armrest
- Cargo area light
- Cargo hooks
- Cargo security blind
- Central locking – remote
- Cruise control – steering wheel buttons
- Driver’s footrest
- Height and reach adjustable steering column
- Height adjustable driver’s seat
- Immobiliser security system
- Lineartronic™ Continuously Variable Transmission with paddle shift
- Map lights (2)
- New generation touchscreen infotainment unit
- Power steering, mirrors and window. Front windows automatic up/down with “soft” open/close feature
- Rear illumination instrument display
- Remote fuel lid release – tethered fuel cap
- Seatback pocket (front passenger side)
- Two remote central locking keys
- Vanity mirror
- 60/40 split/fold rear seat
- 12V/120W power jacks (two)
- 17-inch alloy wheels (17x7J, with a 225/60R17 99H tyre) – temporary steel spare (185/65/17 90S)
- Colour-coded mirrors and door handles
- Rear privacy glass
- Rear roof spoiler with LED brake light
- Rear roof mounted shark fin radio antenna
- Rear wiper
- Roof rails
- DataDot security technology
- Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
- Auto Start Stop
- Subaru Global Platform
- Three-year unlimited kilometre warranty
- 2.0 litre direct injection DOHC horizontally opposed boxer engine with dual AVCS. 115 kW/6000 rpm, 196 Nm/4000 rpm
XV 2.0i-L ADDS:
- Dual zone climate control air conditioning
- Electric folding mirrors with integrated indicators
- EyeSight driver assist
- Lane Keep Assist
- Leather accented trim steering wheel and gear shift
- Premium cloth trim
- Premium 8-inch LCD touchscreen infotainment system with steering wheel controls
XV 2.0i PREMIUM ADDS:
- Electric sunroof
- Factory fitted SatNav
XV 2.0i-S ADDS:
- 18-inch alloy wheels (18x7J with a 225/55R18 98V tyre) – temporary steel spare (185/65/17 90S)
- Alloy pedals
- Automatic head lights
- Automatic front wipers
- Chrome-type exterior door handle
- Heated mirrors
- Leather accented trim
- Power driver’s seat
- Steering responsive LED head lights with integrated DRLs
- Vision Assist features:
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- High Beam Assist
- Lane Change Assist
- Rear Cross Traffic alert
- Reverse Automatic Braking
XV MY18 PRICING*
|XV MY18 MANUFACTURER’S LIST PRICE*|
*Prices are Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited’s Manufacturer’s List Prices only and include GST on the list price but exclude dealer delivery charges and all other government and statutory charges. For the drive away price of Subaru vehicles consumers should be advised to contact their local authorized Subaru dealer.